Sep 3, 2011

it's finished!!!

Some of  you might remember this frame. Ivo made it for me last year and since then it was waiting to be filled with pictures. Moving, renting apartment, another moving, it seemed to be always something and not enough time for this project. When we moved to our current house, we put the empty frame on the wall as a reminder for me to finally finish it. It took me a few months though but it is finally finished! I'm so in love with the final result. The frame is filled with photos from the last 8 years. It is filled with family love.




The images are a little bit blurry because I was taking the photos in the morning and the light wasn't good but you get the idea.

6 comments:

  1. It's sooo cool ! I love it ! I bought a printer drawer a few years ago and did something similar inspired by Ali Edwards. I really love the square shape of yours !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ! I love it... biz. Ozen from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Gabi its gorgeous... and made more special by the fact that Ivo made it for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh that must have taken some time! i wonder if all the cubes were perfectly square so that you could just trace the same shape over and over on your pictures?

    regardless the final result is so cute, that'll be an eye catcher for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patience, unfortunately they aren't perfectly squared. And i measured the squares incorrectly so I got photos with bigger squares and had to cut every single piece. But the final result is definitely worth all the work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks GORGEOUS, Gabi....perfection!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete