If I should use only one word to describe how I feel right now, it would be exhausted. I'm at the beginning of week two of our new routine and I'm still having hard time to adjust to the new schedule. Commuting for 3.5 hours every day doesn't help too much either, I guess. I know soon I will get used to all of this but right now I'm fighting a huge tiredness. The flow of the day is so different for me now. When I get home I feel like a spend too much time in the kitchen preparing snacks, dinner, lunch for the next day. I still cook from a scratch every single day just now I do it at a different time, usually in the late afternoon/early evening. We are used to having hot lunches and small cold dinners so I prepare lunch for all of us one day in advance and then kids take them in their thermoses to school the next day. I usually heat mine up at work.
Harmony and I have also entered our 8th week of training for a half marathon. Yesterday we ran 12.5 km. Well, then I can't wonder why I am so tired, right?! The big day will be on Nov 20th. I still can't imagine myself running 21 km but I hope that I will get to that point on time.
The long commuting does have one positive side though. I read a lot. Last week I read a book in just two days which didn't happen to me for so long. I read Found by Jennifer Lauck and now I'm into her second book Blackbird. I really liked Found very much. The whole story was very interesting, maybe the fact that I have a biological father whom I don't know too much, made the story more personal and fascinating for me. If you haven't read it, I really recommend it to you.
I ordered Elise's Autumn book last week, I can't wait to receive it and document this crazy busy time in photos and words (not just online). I so miss scrapping. I even don't remember when was the last time I opened photoshop for playing and creating and not just for editing photos.
Can you believe it's almost Halloween? Where has the time gone this year? Both kids are so excited. I guess we should start decorating our house slowly. I saw a few great ideas on pinterest, hopefully I will get to them during the weekend.
Thinking of you Gabi, take each day as it comes it will get easier. xx
ReplyDeleteI know it will, Tracy. Just right now it seems impossible when I am so tired at 5pm already.. But I'm keeping my chin up! :) Thank you for thinking of me, sweetie! xxx
ReplyDeletemaybe you don't have to make everything from scratch? cut corners where you can so that you are not so tired all the time (at least 'till you're more used to this schedule)..
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that you feel so tired, but i'm sure that's gonna pass. I know it's probably not the same since i leave by myself, but i recently decided to no longer eat at my work cafeteria and to bring my own lunches. What i mostly do is when i have time (on the weekend) i prepare meal, and i store them in the freezer in individual container. That way, when i'm tired or when i don't feel like cooking, i just have to pull them out for the next day...
ReplyDeleteI would do it the same way, Alice. Just I have to cook for 4 and during the weekends we have so much going on that I cook just for the certain day. I think I need to make bigger portions so it will last at least for two days..
ReplyDeleteNew routines are so hard, Gabi...I hope you can rest up this weekend. I love that you have more time to read...I'll definitely check out those books. The kids are getting so big...it is amazing how quickly they change in just a year.
ReplyDeleteHugs, sweetie.
Kathy