Feb 14, 2012
love day
Ivo and I have never celebrated Valentine's Day. When this celebration got popular back home, we felt that's more a commercial celebration than a celebration of love. We love each other all year long so we decided that we don't have to show it to each other on a certain day just because everybody else is doing it.
But our little ones have been excited about this day for quite some time. They did a card/gift exchange at school and both classrooms hosted a friendship fruit salad event.
Katrin drew a lot of pictures for us and gave them all to us on Sunday, she couldn't wait until Tuesday. I also got a heart bracelet she made which is so adorable.
So this morning there was a little surprise waiting for both little ones on a kitchen table. They got their favorite candies in a heart shaped wrap and these mini sock monkeys. They love them. Ivo and I received a lot of hugs from kids. It was the perfect start of the day for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree with you regarding Valentines day. My husband and I don't celebrate it because we also celebrate our love for each other every day of the year. But the children definitely think different. When I dropped my son off at school this morning the children were super excited and it made me smile. Glad y'all had a great day!
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought we are the only ones who don't celebrate, Wendy :)
DeleteNo you are not. Like you said it's a commercial celebration! Michael and I made his valentines and I like that (they exchange valentines at school), adds a bit of a personal touch to it. I got Michael a card and some mini-kites but that was it. I love the little sock monkeys too cute!
DeleteThe monkeys were sold out last week and I really wanted them for the kids so I kept checking if they get them again. I was lucky last Friday.
Delete