Jun 26, 2012

this i know

I am so loving my new book by Susannah Conway. I've been reading little bits here and there on my travels to and from work and I'm savoring every single page of it. This book is definitely THE book. It makes me pause and think about the little things, about myself, about my life.

I know I will be opening this book often and re-reading it several times. These lines below caught my mind today:


I am an original. Unique. And every day I will do my best to remember this and graciously accept the extraordinary me-ness that is not ego or arrogance, but a gentle and humble recognition of the fact that
there is only one of me.
Just like there is only one of you.


This book teaches me the right way how to look at the person in the mirror, I see every day, with wide open eyes and heart.
How to love her. 
How her deepening wrinkles, dry imperfect skin and wiggly tights are acceptable.
How all these "imperfect" details of her are totally fine and make her who she is. Unique.
How she has to learn that each day has only twenty-four hours.
How letting go of some things sets her free.
How everything she does is good enough and that she doesn't have to be so tough on herself all the time. She tries and that's what counts.
How even if she is tired at the end of the day she still can move mountains (hello cardio/running/biking workouts and Brazil butt lift) and feel so energized afterwards.
How chocolate can be a nice reward.
How loved she is.
That she is enough.
She is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment