Apr 27, 2013

our little triathlete

Last Saturday Patrik competed in his first triathlon (100m swim, 3.75km bike and 1km run). He was very excited and couldn't wait for the morning to come. The sun came out for a little bit and warmed up all the little, excited and nervous at the same time, athletes.
posing before the race
putting his stuff into transition
the cheering team is ready with cheering signs and cow bells
  The swim took a place in a swimming pool where unfortunately I couldn't see him. Ivo was watching over the glass at the swimming pool while Katrin and I were waiting outside with the camera to capture Patrik's run to transition.
and here he goes!
 All the kids had to run barefoot from the swimming pool to the transition for about 200 meters.
He was very focused but once he heard us cheering, he started to smile.
changing into biking gear
the cheering team waiting for our little athlete to show up from his bike ride
racing to the finish of bike course
and off to the running part
He so reminds me of Ivo. I love when our kids are inspired by their own parents. One day this little buddy will race his own dad,  you can bet on it.
racing to the finish

And now he is officially a triathlete!
 Congratulation, my sweetheart!! We all are so very proud of YOU!

And tomorrow we are going to repeat the whole process... GO, PATRIK, GO!!

6 comments:

  1. Gabi this is absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How incredible!!!! You have to all be so proud of him, and he has to be so proud of himself...what an accomplishment! Yay Patrik!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did an awesome job.YAY ME! I want to be a professional Triathlete.

    Patrik!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, YAY YOU, sweetheart!! We are so proud of you and wishing you all the success on your sport ventures! I love you! ~ mommy

      Delete
    2. Patrik you are Awesome!!

      Delete