Dec 31, 2013

goodbye 2013 | hello 2014 - the year of thriving

Another year is at its end. This one was a full of changes and challenges and I'm quite glad that in just a few hours it will be over. I'm ready for a new beginning.

In January I've started working full-time and it has been a huge change for my daily routine. Starting a new job, leaving the house in the morning and coming back around 6pm has been quite challenging for me as a mom who wants to do everything and anything in just 24 hours... Then in April I changed jobs and added 3+ hours of daily commute by car, train and bus to my routine. And then in October finally finding another job closer to home. On a lot of those days I've just felt like running on an auto-pilot (and I still do). I think that's a reason why I've chosen THRIVE as my one little word for 2014.

I'm hoping that 2014 will bring me more inner peace and that I will finally find some balance in the flow of the days.

2013 wasn't just about big changes for our family, it was also about trying new things and celebrating the little and big moments : both kids participated in triathlon races, we went to Czech Republic to see our family, then had my mom-in-law here for the summer... I really hope to get my 2013 racing post ready in a few days (fingers crossed that I will get to it).

So, my friends, that's it from me for this year.

Have a wonderful end-of-the-year celebration and I wish you all the happiness, love & strong health for the upcoming year 2014!

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Thrive is going to be my word this year too... here's to a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun we have chosen the same word, Jen! Yes, here's to a great 2014!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Gabi!
    I love your word :) I chose that one in 2012, it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete