Nov 15, 2010

December daily :: adding more details

On Saturday I bought a scallop punch and played a little bit with the patterned papers inside my album. I really love how just a little fun detail of the edge of the paper can change the whole look.


I'm a minimalist while scrapbooking so I think I'm going to keep this project in simple lines as well.


1


I also added the collection card sheets and cut them to 6x8 inch. I saw Ali using them a lot for her projects and I like that you can insert some little stuff into them.


2


This little red reindeer was attached to Katrin's pj's we bought on Saturday, I plan to use it somewhere in the album.  Last week we went to Walmart and in the office section I saw these clear pocket tabs, I just love them. I'm going to use them for kids drawings etc small stuff. I attached it directly to the back of the day card (they stick by themselves and are repositionable).


4


Sorry about the poor quality of the photos, it's raining for several days in row and the light here is so poor. I can't wait for a sunny day to come!


Ali posted a list on her blog where everyone participating in this project can write a link to her/his blog. It is an awesome idea and I can't wait to browse others blogs for more inspiration.

12 comments:

  1. It looks great. I really think you will enjoy doing this. I did it for the first time last year and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scalloped edges, and that reindeer...what an awesome find! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sewn on ribbon. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo, I've just popped over here from Ali. Love your work, and your wonderful personality shining through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment on my Dec Daily post. Your album looks great-I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the edges, Gabi...so cute, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute scalloped edge ! I'm sure the end result will look awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little red reindeer, what a great idea to incorporate it into the album! The tag alone would probably make me buy the pj's! Love how you have used the advent cards in the album, such a cool use for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE keeping in touch with what you're doing! Just read all your recent posts, that manifesto is amazing! thank you for sharing. Been busy with the new job, not much time on the 'net, at least not from work. don't know if/who may be keeping tabs ;) Glad you are doing well and your house is coming along nicely!!
    ((hugs))
    ~kim xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. so fun to find you though ali's december daily links - i'm in BC also (having moved here from ontario last year!). love your blog and photos - it's all so lovely and full of love!

    ReplyDelete