I left the house at 8.15 am this morning to come back quarter after 5pm tired and overwhelmed by the day. I'm attending a several days long workshop called Job search skills development and today was day 1. I've learned a lot of things about how to write a targeting resume. I still need to absorb some of the facts and then I am going to put all those information together and build my powerful resume. It won't be easy, I know it now.
After the workshop I did some grocery shopping and was so glad when I finally parked the car in the garage after driving slowly in the line with others returning home after long day at work. I'm used to do all kinds of things during the day but this day has really worn me out. Today's day has made me realize even more how extremely lucky I am having the chance to be at home with my children and raise them. I can't put it on my resume but it really has been the best "job" of all and I don't regret for a second that we've made this choice with Ivo several years ago. Being a mom isn't just 8 hours per day/5 days a week work shift but it is a 24/7 constant care. There are no free weekends or 2 weeks off every year. There are the times of 2am runs to the kitchen for a glass of water, pushing the swing at the playground for hundred time in a row, driving to programs and school, doing homework, playing cards, wiping the little butts right at the time when you wanted to start or finish your meal, doing laundry and cleaning the house, cooking... There are no financial bonuses for doing all of those above. No raise or promotion. But there are a lot of rewards which are totally priceless. Hearing my children saying "I love you" and "you are the best mommy in the whole word" always melts my heart. Getting their squeeze hugs and little kisses, adorable drawings of me and them or seeing them doing something right which I taught them, that's the best reward for me.
When I came home both kids were so happy to see me and so was I to see them. I really missed them the whole day. I can't even express how grateful I am to have such amazing and supportive husband who would do anything for the best of his family and who has given me the opportunity of staying home and taking care about our children. I really admire all the busy working mothers who are able to manage all the responsibilities they have to their families and jobs. I know soon I have to change from being a stay-at-home mom to a mom + having a job outside of the house mom but for now I know that I'm having the best "job" of all.
Congrats on the job hunt ! I'm sure you'll find a great job that you'll love. Good luck finding a job. Take care.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Alice! I hope something will come up soon.
ReplyDeleteI totally relate to this post. I'm also staying at home with my kids till the second one goes to school. I work just 8 hrs a week and mostly from home. But soon enough I'll be in your shoes. Do you know what kind of job you're looking for?
ReplyDeleteIt seems we are having the same plan, Renco! I'm looking for administrative/technical assistant position.
ReplyDeleteThat's what I do now too! :)
ReplyDeleteBut I'd love to try my hand on something more creative once I get the chance to get a full time job. It makes me nervous sometimes, but I hope it will happen in the future.
Good luck with the job hunt.
Thank you, Renka! Good luck to you too!
ReplyDelete