Sep 7, 2011

oh so yummy

Yesterday I was in a baking mood. Not that I didn't have anything else to do but I figured out that's about time to make something yummy and homemade.I made granola bars for school snacks and I tried a new muffins recipe I got from my friend Meimi. The muffins turned out so great! I didn't have oat bran so I used just rolled oats instead and I also skipped walnuts due to Patrik's allergy. As you can see, kids had a lot of fun helping as well.


Muffins
1 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 Cup Oat Bran
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 Cup toasted and chopped walnuts (we skipped these)
1/4 Cup ground flax seed
1/4 Cup wheat germ
1/2 Cup sugar  (used brown sugar)
1 Cup milk chocolate chips (used dark chocolate chips)

Blend all above ingredients together really well.

1/3 Cup oil
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 Cup mashed banana
1/2 Cup grated carrot

Blend all wet together very well. Blend wet and dry until just mixed (no dry patches). Spray your pan with Pam.  Drop by spoons full into tin.  Bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds delicious! I´ll try them when we get back home.

    ReplyDelete