Sep 8, 2011

on being active | our future ironman



Ivo was training for his Sunday's triathlon race in the afternoon and kids and I decided to join him and spend some time on a beach at our favorite local lake. While he was swimming, kids were playing with water and rocks. I really admire Ivo's determination. At the beginning of this year he had no idea about triathlons. Then he decided to "just" try it and now he is hooked up. He is a born athlete, that's for sure and I am very proud of him!  He's signed up for a full IRONMAN (3.8 km/2.4mi  swim, 180 km/112 mi bike, 42.2 km/26.2mi run)  for the next year. The distance is totally insane! The athletes will have time from 7am to midnight to finish the race. I can't imagine doing all these disciplines in just one day. IRONMAN it's his dream to try and finish the race so he has my full support. Dreams should come true, right?


Speaking about training, I'm almost done with a week 3 of my training plan to a half marathon. I feel tired a little bit. Last week due to my cold I didn't do anything just one run and then suddenly jumped into everyday activities at once. We live so actively lately and do a lot of sport activities as a family. I track all my workouts at mapmyrun, it really helps me to stay motivated. I'm so happy to have a rest day tomorrow though, I really need it. Although kids want to bike to school so I will be biking tomorrow anyway... On Saturday Harmony and I are doing our first 8km run. I hope it will go smoothly.

It seems I'm having problems with commenting on some blogs. Kathy, I tried yesterday to comment on yours but blogger gives me an error. Hope they will fix it soon. Just wanted to let you know that I didn't forget about you.

It's time to relax for a little bit. Tomorrow is going to be another busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment