Oct 3, 2011

a new tradition

I've decided to start a few new family traditions. We have never celebrated Thanksgiving before. It is not a Czech holiday and so far we haven't felt like we have to take over all the holidays celebrated here in Canada. But with children growing here, we have decided to give it a try and slowly get into holiday mood as well. I don't think we will do turkey and all the stuff, we are going to start slowly and each year will add a little bits to the celebration. For this year we will go simple with a thankful tree.


I got the idea for this thankful tree on this blog. Yesterday we got some branches outside and today I bought a circle punch and will dig out some fun patterned papers. Kids are both excited to create their own thankful prompts! I'm really looking forward to see this whole project coming together. Will post photos then.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea!

    Are you guys coming for dinner on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we can, we would love to!! :)

    ReplyDelete