Dec 19, 2011

Monday

A Christmas break has started  for the kiddos today. Unfortunately I don't have any vacation and will be working until Friday and between Christmas and a New Year as well. Ivo didn't need a car today so I drove myself to the train in the morning and when I got back in the afternoon I did some shopping on the way home. It was so crazy in the mall and the traffic back was unbelievable. I left our house at 6.20 am and came back just a few minutes before 6pm. Seriously, I don't know how full time working parents do it. I came home, cooked dinner, now I'm cooking lunch for tomorrow while kids are already sleeping and I still have plenty of work to do today. I feel so exhausted. I can't wait for the weekend to come and enjoy 4 days in a row of not working/commuting. So can't wait!

Today Ivo has started to train for his Ironman race which will take a place at the end of August 2012. Ironman = 3.8 km/2.4mi  swim, 180 km/112 mi bike, 42.2 km/26.2mi run. Right now he is at a local pool training his swimming. Our days will become even more rushed since now on and will have to be more organized since we have to take turns in taking care about our little ones during the day.

I hope next time my post will be on a happier note, right now I'm running out of time and energy. Hope all of you are enjoying this special time in a less hectic speed.

5 comments:

  1. Remember in the process of taking care of your family, you must take care of you. It is very easy to get burnt out in these times. Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We send you lots of power and energy to long days. Your life really sounds busy right now. Hopefully Christmas time will bring some peaceful moments for you all.
    Good luck for Ivo for his training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending positive thoughts and energy to you, my friend. Hugs!!!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Hugs and I hope your Christmas is quiet and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just take a moment.....and breathe.

    ReplyDelete