Dec 10, 2011

the weekend lens | Saturday

We spent most of the day outside today. In the morning we went to a Christmas tree farm to get our tree. It was a first time we went to a farm for our tree, I hope we will make this a family tradition as everyone really enjoyed looking for the right tree.
And then we spent the whole afternoon at the mountains. Kids had their first snowboarding lessons today. Katrin had an "one-on-one" lesson since she is only five years old. She had a great instructor and enjoyed the whole lesson. Then to the end she was tired a little bit and ended up with tears but finished bravely sliding down the hill. She did an awesome job for her age!

Then it was Patrik's turn. He had a lesson with three other boys for two hours. He enjoyed it a lot and he did awesome! He was much braver than Katrin but also ended up on the ground more often since he did more advanced stuff than she did. He is looking forward to the next week's snowboarding already.

5 comments:

  1. WOW ! How many sports do your kids practice ? Skiing, Snowboarding, biking, skateboarding, walking,... ! This is awesome ! I'm so jealous ! I have never skied in my life, and i'm 30 yo ! LOL
    Love the 4th picture of Patrick snowboarding !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we are a little more active than it's usual. Today we are going ice skating and they swim as well. I think the more sports they try than better for them. But we don't push them into anything, it's always their choice.
    Come here for vacation and we will take you skiing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos, looks like y'all had a great time! I've never snowboarded before but it looks like fun. I hope Katrin learns to love it as much as her brother does! ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, Gabi. You captured some wonderful moments of what looks like a glorious weekend, my friend.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try it one day as well, Wendy. I think Katrin will love it, just needs some time...

    ReplyDelete