May 4, 2012

it's all about your heart

"Women are constantly being persuaded to want something unachievable, to look younger or thinner and above all to fit in because being different is too painful and embarrassing. I have accepted myself in a world that does not accept me, because I have learned - and more than any of the lessons of my accident, this is the one I wish I could teach everybody - 

- that our hearts matter most. Your heart matter most, so be gentler and more patient with yourself, and their hearts matter most, too, so be kinder and more compassionate to others. It's a beautiful heart, not a perfect body, that leads to a beautiful life." 
                                      ~ Stephanie Nielson

Today on my way home from work I finished a book called Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson. This book taught me so much about the little things in our lives that are overlooked frequently or taken for granted.  The words above said by Stephanie struck me the most, it's such a powerful reminder to all of us to appreciate what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment