Jun 16, 2012
memory keeping
I scrapped! I haven't done it for so long but I really enjoyed it. I made my recent blog posts into layouts. Quick, easy, effective.
I remember when I started with digital scrapbook 5 or so years ago, how I spent hours over one layout. How I was picky about what color to use and where, where to move a certain button or a flower. How I wanted to have it perfect. Then I've finally realized that it is not about how much products I put on the layout but about the whole meaning of the page. That it is not about playing the "praise" games over in galleries to get as many comments as possible. Not that I'm not enjoying creating pages anymore. I do, I just don't have time to sit and doing it. My project life took over the process of keeping memories now.
When I do scrap, I do it for myself, for my family. Not as often as I used to but time to time I still love to sit and scrap. I want to document our everyday life. The good things, the hard things. I want to preserve the memories. And that is what scrapbook is all about for me. About keeping memories.
Supplies: Vinnie Pearce and her new kit coming tomorrow to her website.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I knew you would scrap that post. I loved both the post and the layout! WTG Gabi. I've done only one page this year so far...
ReplyDeleteThank you, Erica. I did only 7 and two of them in the last two days... Hope life is treating you well!
DeleteIt's good to see your scrap and i think it's super clever to turn your blogposts into scrap LO !
ReplyDeleteI totally get what you mean about scraping for yourself. Scrapbooking is so personal ! I tried to scrap for others and i really didn't like the process. You scrap for yourself, your memories,... not for others !
WOW... wonderful post and wonderful pages ! I love when you do scrap. And I love what you think. Biz
ReplyDeleteI so agree with what you said about scrapping for yourself and your family...scrapping for others doesn't work. I remember the days of hour long layouts too...how did we do that for so long (ha)????
ReplyDeleteKathy