Nov 18, 2012

the beauty of photography

There is no secret about me loving photography. I think a camera is one of the best inventions ever. You can freeze unforgettable moments and keep the memory forever. I love that.
As I was working on a project this weekend and went through several hundreds of photos, I came across these two photos I took this year.
The first photo was taken a day before Ivo's half Ironman in Osoyoos and the second one during our vacation in California. I've always admired photos of people standing in tunnels and wanted to try it as well. So I did. I really love how these turned out.

Lately I crave taking photos which capture the simplest moments of everyday life. I wish I'd have photos like my kids have from my own childhood. So maybe this fact, that I don't have them, motivates me even more to capture our life for my kids to look back at one day.

Ivo found this piece of plant (not sure what it is) while walking in our neighborhood. We both thought that the little berry inside looks pretty cool.  So I captured it.

I love playing with my camera and luckily my whole family shares this passion with me. I can't wait to show you the project I've been working on but you have to wait a little bit until it's time to reveal it.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Gabi...can't wait to see your project! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family.

    xoxo

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy!
      Happy Thanksgiving to your family! (ours was on second Monday in October ;) )

      Delete
  2. Hi Gabi

    Gorgeous photos and I think I can answer the question about the last... I think you might find they are Cape Gooseberries... yummy to eat...

    http://ladies-with-bottle.blogspot.co.nz/2010/06/chinese-fruits-and-cape-gooseberries.html

    they grow on a shrubby kinda plant... and have a little papery type case that you pop and peel off the berry... the berry has little seeds all through it... green they are not ripe and are bitter and sour but when they turn that gorgeous yellow they are sweet and ripe and totally delish...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the link, Cheryl! I had no idea these are eatable. Someone told me they are called Japanese lanterns but the website says something else. Either way I would love to try them out one day.
      Hope all is well for you!

      Delete