Aug 21, 2013

oh, the places we went | the summer edition - part 1

It's been so long since I posted more than just one photo with a short description... Yes, I'm still alive, just trying to stay on top of everyday life during the summer time. Kids out of school, the daily routine changed but we are slowly getting back on track with the "regular" schedule. In just two weeks the little ones go back to school and even more crazier and busier times will come as both of them are registered in swimming club and a soccer club. (wish us luck!).

Anyhow. So far we've had a great summer. Ivo's mom stayed with us for 7 weeks from middle June till the first week of August. We traveled a lot and saw so many beautiful places and I think I took thousands of pictures... I will post some of my favorite summer shots in the upcoming weeks but right now I'll show you just a few of the unedited "traveling" photos.

We went to Whistler and hiked the Mountain Peak which is located at 2,182 meters above sea level.


And visited the Olympic square in there as well.


The next week we visited Stanley Park here in Vancouver and played a little bit on the beach.


We celebrated Katrin's 7th B-day in her favorite restaurant called Mission Springs.


The next weekend we went to the Grouse Mountain where Ivo and Patrik did the Grouse Grind. The girls took the gondola up to the mountain (me because of my knee, mom didn't feel like climbing up and Katrin didn't want to climb at all).


And at the end of the day we ended up at the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.We walked in the trees and explored the beauty of the area.


And of course we explored our neighborhood as well. And because we love to bike, we took grandma for a bike ride. I think she sat on the bike after 20+ years long break. It was really special for all of us.


More "Oh, the places we went" photos coming soon. Until then I wish you all happy days!

7 comments:

  1. So fun, great pictures and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the last few weeks of your summer, Gabi. Your photos are beautiful! How wonderful that Ivo's mom was able to spend 7 weeks with you...that is priceless. Looks like you had a wonderful summer, my friend. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a great summer, Kathy. It's almost gone though... xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh, great to see the places that I also know! I still remember Ella dancing on the Capilano Suspension Bridge ;) Enjoy the late summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of Ella dancing on the Capilano bridge made me smile :) Hope all is well. xo

      Delete
  4. Wow it looks like y'all had a great summer break. I'm so glad Ivo's Mom was able to come and stay. Some wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely have had a great time, Wendy.

      Delete