Nov 23, 2010

another craft project

Every Tuesday Katrin and I go to the local library for a story time. While she is listening to the stories librarian reads to all the kids, I always take a magazine and look for some inspiration. Today I borrowed Martha Stewart's Whole Living and saw this cute simple project made from a ribbon.


Directions from the magazine (I took a photo of it since it is available only for reading in library):



  • cut ribbon into three 6-inch strips, form each into a loop. Stack the 3 loops into a snowflake shape and glue at the center. 

  • punch out 2 cardstock snowflakes, glue together and glitter. Glue at the center of 1 side of the ribbon snowflake. Let dry. Repeat for opposite side if desired.

  • to hang the ornament, stitch a silver bead to the top of 1 ribbon loop, then thread it with cord.


1


So after we came home, I grabbed a leftover ribbon, a button and tried to make my own version. It is not as fancy as Martha's but it still looks cute hanging down.


2


I don't have a snowflake punch,neither have I a glitter or a proper glue. So I simply took a needle, thread and a button and project was done. Simple and easy. I might to add little pearls on the ribbons though. I plan to do several sizes from different colors.


I will try to do this project with Katrin as well but instead of ribbon and needle, we will go for paper strips and glue.


I also saw these cool ornaments on tumblr, can you believe they are made from toilet paper rolls? These are so fun!


Tumblr_lc1g4d4GjT1qa036mo1_500

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful and fun, Gabi. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha great minds think alike, I thought I was the only one who takes photos of things in magazines. I have an amazing salad recipe on my phone I must transfer it to my computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a neat idea and so easy to do with the children. Thank you. I might just try this with Michael :o)

    ReplyDelete