Dec 8, 2010

easy come, easy go

I set my alarm clock for 6.05 am last night with intention to do my workout before everyone gets up in the morning. And I did it! I usually do my workout with DVD in the afternoon but kids are always running around and I wanted to have at least this time just for myself. I felt really good after and had everything ready on time (breakfast, lunch for Patrik) so we were ready to go to school. Once I got back, I played with Katrin a little bit and then went to the mall to get the last few items I needed for Christmas. I got almost everything except one thing so I call the mission successful.


When I got home I had about 20 minutes to eat my lunch and then it was time to drive to school for Patrik. I was really pleased how everything went smoothly today. But then it's changed, of course. I picked up my prints for December daily album this morning and I was ready to put them into the album. I finished 3-4 days and then I ran out of the adhesive so I wasn't able to finish it. I thought I will finish the photo pockets instead since I finally got the photos (I'm using the same as posted here - the office tags) I have for grandmas but when I cut my photos I found out that I ordered a wrong format! So another thing isn't finished. Sigh. And I thought in the morning how everything will be done by evening. Well, tomorrow is another day, right?!


I wanted to share this photo with you. The situation made Ivo and me laugh so hard.


08 dec


The story: we have only 1 Santa's hat but two heads which want to wear it. I promised Patrik that he can take it to school tomorrow but he has to let Katrin wear it today. So he came up with this plan...


You just gotta love kids... :) And I thought I won't have anything interesting for my December daily album today. Thanks, buddy!


For you who loves to read I highly recommend the book I mentioned here. LOVED it!! I finished it yesterday and I know I will be reading the last chapter soon again. Here are few lines from the book:


And here, after all that, is what I have come to believe about beauty: Laughter is beautiful. Kindness is beautiful. Cellulite is beautiul. Softness and plumpness are beautiful. It's more important to be interesting, to be vivid, and to be adventurous, than to sit  pretty for pictures. A woman's soft tummy is a miracle of nature. Beauty comes from tenderness. Beauty comes from variety, from specificity, from the fact that no person in the whole world looks exactly like anyone else. Beauty comes from the tragedy that each person's life is destined to be lost to time. I believe women are too hard on themselves. I believe that when you love someone, she becomes beautiful to you. I believe the eyes see everything through the heart - and nothing in the world feels as good as resting them on someone you love. I have trained my eyes to look for beauty, and I've gotten very good at finding it. You can argue and tell me it's not true, but I really don't care what everyone says. I have come, at last, to believe in the title I came up with for the book: Everyone Is Beautiful.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Gabi! Sorry I haven't been commenting much lately. I always look at your blog posts, but I don't get around to much commenting these days. I really enjoy what you post about. I'm so glad your house is coming along. When do you think you'll be able to move in? Your 25 Days album is coming along so wonderfully! What exercise DVD did you work out to this morning? That's awesome that you got that workout in! I'm looking for some new exercise dvds. I've been getting up the last couple of mornings and have been on my stationary bike for 30 minutes. I don't really like working out first thing in the morning, but it really is a great way to start the day. Have an awesome rest of your night! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on all accounts my friend. I have a table in my craft space full of unfinished projects....all because something isn't right, or I have run out of something else. I wanted to make the little luggage tags/transparent tag photos for my parents , but couldn't find the tags the size of the photos I had printed. So then I decided to run them through my Xyron machine and make them all magnetic. Wouldn't you know it the cartridge ran out, mid sheet of photos ruining that whole sheet. So now I am back to square one, guess they won't be getting them for Christmas. I got a chuckle out of Patrik's drawing. Kids are so funny....my little guy was as happy as can be today singing "Deck The Halls With Bolly". By the way, Everyone is Beautiful book is on my Christmas List after reading your recommendation. Have a great day!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Patrik's plan, too cute! He has a vivid imagination and love it. My son does too but he doesn't express it in pictures but words :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this means we wont be able to see your first daily december pages soon... that sucks !
    I love Patrick's plan to get the hat ! He's so clever !!! I hope he'll get it ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomorrow is another day indeed. It stinks when that kind of stuff happens...it always seems to work that way though.
    Thank goodness for kids...they can change the mood around instantly with their sweet inspiration, can't they?? Patrik's story is a hoot...bless his heart for that plan...not sure Katrin would love it though (ha)! That is a must save, my friend....priceless!
    I love your words of inspiration too...how true!
    Love ya, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear from you, Christina! I was wondering how have you been. The workout DVDs I have are from Jillian Michaels - 30day shred, No more trouble zones, Banish fat boost metabolism. The first one has 3 levels (about 25 min each), the two others are over 50 minutes. I LOVE them! I mix them, I think the toughest one is the No more trouble zones. We have a spinning bike at home but it is boring, lol.
    Hope everything goes well with you! Have a wonderful weekend! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you will be able to finish some of your projects, Carla. According what I saw on your blog so far your work is amazing so don't give up! I'm going to Michaels later today to pick up the adhesive so I'm going to at least finish what I've started working on. Have you finished something for your DD yet? I'm checking your blog regularly and there is nothing new. You make me SO curious, girl!! :) Please post at least one day of your DD, pretty please :)
    I agree, kids are adorable! LOL about your little singer's version, too cute!
    I love Katherine's style of writing, I own the Get Lucky and Everyone Is Beautiful and yesterday I borrowed her last book in library - The bright side of disaster. I'm really curious about this book.
    Hope your days are less hectic now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice, I'm going to try to finish the first few days and will post the pages asap. How are you, my friend?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, he certainly does have a vivid imagination and I'm so happy for it :) Have a great day, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, Kathy and I'm learning to follow this saying :) It just made me upset because I was finally ready to finish it all! :)
    Patrik is really creative. Yesterday he wrote a letter to one boy at school asking him if he wants to have a playdate with him. There were two options - yes and no and his mommy told me this morning that he marked the yes option so tomorrow they are going to play together after school :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will send you posts of my DD....I have been keeping up with them each day. The first few days I was in a bit of a fluster thinking it was all too much work. I have settled down a bit now and keeping things simple. I thought about it afterwards, that I really don't post photos of my kids on my blog. I guess it comes with the territory considering what I do for a living. I don't like to get too personal on there. I will however share the pages with you....I will email you them when I get a chance. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally understand about not posting your photos. I can't wait to see your project!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh, that is so funny, Gabi...he is too much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see yours. The photos that you post are gorgeous. I love Vancouver at night (that goes without saying) and the lanterns with the reflection....love it!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete