
Focus.
A single word with a big meaning.
Today while I tried to take a photo of our tiny Christmas tree, I felt really embarrassed when I had to ask Ivo how to set timer settings on our camera. I have the camera for almost 2 years!! And I still haven't been able to learn how to use it properly. I know lately there is so much going on that my mind is totally out of focus on just one thing while I try to do all the other 20 things at the same time. I need to prioritize what is important and what is not, that's my goal for the next few weeks.
Last few days I have been thinking about my one little word for the year 2011. I still wasn't sure which one to pick (I had 3 words on my mind) but today it just hit me, my one little word for the next year is going to be focus.
fo·cus
- point upon which attention, activity, etc, is directed or concentrated
- to fix attention (on); concentrate
I need to start to focus on things which are important, I need to get out of my comfort zone and start exploring new things without a fear. I want to learn, explore and find balance in everyday life. I think FOCUS is the right word for me right now.
I like you very much, Gabi. Do not be too hard with you, you are perfect!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kity! You are amazing!!
ReplyDeleteGabi, I love this post. We are more alike that we know (considering we've never met). Focus seems to be a perfect word for me too. I have a really bad habit of never finishing anything, because I am constantly on the look out for something new.....its very tiring! Next year I too will try to focus. How's your DD coming along? I have been having a few frustrations with camera and printer, but so far it's looking good. The first few days of December have been really busy, almost too much. Hope it slows down a bit, perhaps I should just Focus on what's important. I too think you're amazing....glad I found you!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI love this word, Gabi...it would be a good word for me right now too. I've been thinking which word will be mine for next year...I haven't come up with the right one yet.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that you found me too, Carla!! I hope that soon we will be able to meet each other. I'm crossing my fingers for your move!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about being tired of not being focused. I too like to start several things at the same time and then have troubles to finish them. I hope I will be able to finish my DD album though. So far I'm taking photos and I'm going to upload those I have so far to Costco and let them print tonight. So hopefully I will be able to put them into the album tomorrow. I wish I'd have a good printer at home, it would be so much easier and I know I would be able to finish each day on the same day...
I hope things are going to slow down for you. Thinking of you!! xoxo
It seems we are all at the same spot right now... Life is too hectic and we try to be mothers, wives and also being just ourselves. I think 30-hours day would be perfect for us, wouldn't it?!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about learn, balance and focus but after today I know that the word is going to be focus. I can't wait to find out what word you are going to pick, Kathy! love ya, girl!!!
Oh, that sounds exciting. Unfortunately, my word for the next year will have to be simplify. I am still trying to sort out my stuff since moving into our new house 3 years ago. We were refurbishing first, then I got pregnant and now we have a little one who doesn't leave me with much free time. I am really starting to miss having order in my stuff. I am going to try and get rid of all the extra things to make space for my life. :) But that too is exciting to me right now as your word for the next year is to you. :) Good luck.
ReplyDelete