After Patrik's allergy reaction last week, my friend Carla posted a recipe for a nut free granola bars (thank you so much, Carla!). So I bought all the ingredients I needed for baking and today I finally tried them. I followed her recipe but I didn't add any coconuts because I'm not sure if they are safe for Patrik.
I hope Carla won't mind if I post the recipe here.
Granola bars | Recipe from Carla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, flax seeds, cinnamon, flour, raisins, dried cranberries, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and salt. Mix and form a well in the middle.
In a medium bowl, whisk honey, egg, melted butter, banana and vanilla.
Pour honey mixture into the well, and mix well.
Bake for 24 minutes for chewy bars
Thank you Carla!!
They are so delicious! I didn't give them to Patrik for tasting yet, he is going to try tomorrow since I'm not 100% sure how he reacts to pumpkin and sunflower seeds so I want to watch him. And I've got more recipes from my friend Reb (thank you!) so I'm going to try even more variations.
Thanks Gabi for sharing the recipe. Glad they turned out for you. Lets hope Patrik can eat them too!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, Gabi...they sound yummy!
ReplyDeleteMmmm ! Can i have some ???? They look really yummy !
ReplyDelete