Apr 5, 2011

the story of my life | capture your 365 | blog hop

I've always loved to look at our family photos. As a kid I remember my parents having a drawer full of envelopes filled up with photos from family vacations and other events. Later my mom's started to organize most of our photos and putting them into photo albums. I always loved going through the older photos and bringing back all the memories from my childhood, telling the stories behind those photos and sharing the joy and laughter with other family members.


Now I have a family on my own and it is me who tells the story of our everyday life, I'm the family storyteller. In 2009 I've started doing my project 365 - photo-a-day. I really loved the idea of capturing the little moments in everyday life. For putting the photos together I used a template by Ali Edwards and printed out the monthly reviews. Here is an example of the month of May.


May2009-640


My kids love to look at the album at all those photos and we always share some good laughs after bringing some of the situations and memories up.


For 2010 I've decided to go with a Project Life kit by Becky Higgings. I absolutely love the idea of this kit. The little pockets are perfect not just for the journal cards which are included in the kit but also for keeping small items like drawings, tickets etc stuff. Unfortunately life got quite busy last year with selling our house, moving across the country so I've not been able to put the album together yet. But I went strong with taking photos and didn't miss a day so now it is just a matter of time to finish this album. Hopefully I'll get to it soon.


1

For this year I originally decided not to continue with this project but soon I've started to miss capturing the little everyday things so I'm trying to get back on track with taking everyday photos. But this time I'm taking it easy. If I miss a day, it's no big deal for me. I don't stress if I don't take a photo on a certain day. I try to enjoy this process as much as I can and at the same time I'm also learning how my camera works so I can improve my photography skills.


I came across Capture your 365 site the other day and I immediately knew that's the right place to be. I love the supportive community there, all the ideas and advices people share there. Thanks to Katrina Kennedy I'm finally pushing myself to get better in taking photos and enjoying again this long time project.


 


CaptureYour365


Jill came with a great idea to do a blog hop about our projects to showcase all the possibilities about how this project can be done. And also to give some inspiration to others (sometimes the inspiration is so needed!). I still don't know how I will showcase/collect my photos for this year but for now I just made a little review of some of my favorite photos I took this year so far.


April-blog-hop


Here is a list of other participants of this blog hop so if you have time, you can take a little peek into their everyday lives as well.


 1. Jill http://jillconyers.typepad.com/









11. Gabi http://gabirytirova.typepad.com  - YOU ARE HERE












All the blog posts should be available at 8am EST so if you are not able to get to someones blog, please try later.



Enjoy and thank you for stopping by!







24 comments:

  1. I love how you showcase your photos. Very nice :) I dropped out this year and have been kicking myself - especially since discovering CY365! Thinking I should re-up! LOVE your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photography, Gabi! Excellent thinking in not getting stressed about missing a day. This project should be a joy, not a chore! :) Fantastic job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing how your project is coming together! I did Becky's kit in 2009 and stopped in 2010--I missed it, too! I am so happy to be doing P365 this year. Your photos are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit envious of photographers with little kids. Such great subjects every day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photographs Gabi and I really love the calendar idea! That photo that you posted in the gallery of your coffee cup by the window...one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun glimpse into your life :) I love seeing how other people use their project life kits & you gave me some new ideas ~ thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that coffee cup as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photos! And thanks for sharing your different ways to gather and share your 365 photos through the years. So glad you are back on track too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful presentation my friend, but hey great minds think alike :) I love your photos and love sharing your family with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by, ladies!! And for your comments, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that one too. Btw, it was a cup of tea :)
    Thanks for stopping by, Gayle and Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the calendar idea. I think I have that template. Love your collection of favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gabi,
    So glad that you joined in on Capture your 365. I so enjoy getting a glimpse into your life. It's also wonderful to connect with other storytellers.
    I always appreciate all of your kind comments and support of our craft!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like what you did to showcase your photos and the switch you did from the monthly to Project Life. I've enjoyed seeing your photos in the gallery and I'm glad you found CY365.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE seeing your photos all together Gabi! You are so talented and your photos just shine. I think I'm diving into Project Life too. Seeing everyone's pages is so inspiring. The rounded corners just make it for me.
    Thanks for being part of CY365.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Joey!! You know I'm a huge fan of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Lee! You can always jump in into this project!! It's never too late.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love the connection in our community as well. Thanks for stopping by, Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are welcome, Erika! Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your words really mean a lot to me, Katrina!! Thank YOU!! You are the reason why I've started to enjoy this project again. Thank you for creating CY365, it is an amazing site and such a friendly place to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am glad you are enjoying this new project, Gabi. I love the idea of it...looks fab, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey you!!! I'm really enjoying your work - the work of the family historian is quite awe inspiring and speaks into generations. What a treasure you're creating for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your take on this year! Your family must love all the wonderful photos you've taken (or if they don't appreciate them now, they will).

    ReplyDelete