Dec 13, 2011

the heart of our house

Do you remember when I told you that our kitchen island will be telling lots and lots of stories with years to come? I was right. Since we got our stools, the island have become the most favorite spot in the house. Kids have their breakfast there in the morning. It is the first spot we hit when we get home from school and work to share the stories of our day. There have been countless pictures drawn on that island. Hundreds of lunches and snacks packed, meals prepared. So many stories have been told and a lot of songs have been sung. And we even haven't hit the one year mark of living in the house yet.

Today's story is about decorating gingerbread cookies. The icing was everywhere, not just on the cookies but kids had fun decorating and that's what counts the most. I was embracing the moment with an open heart. I love how our children want to be part of our family traditions, how they want to help and how much they enjoy it. I'm really proud of them because I know everything they do, they do it with love.

5 comments:

  1. I love traditions....the kids faces tell it all, Gabi. We are going to make our traditional gingerbread house this weekend...I can't wait!!! Have a good one, my friend.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as Kathy says : the kids faces tell it all ! Love that you take time to just remember and tell this ! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see photos of your gingerbread house, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I'm running out of time but and don't have the energy to document the little stuff but I'm always glad that I manage to squeeze a few minutes into the day and post about our lives, Alice. I think I can call myself a storyteller for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOohhh they are so lovely ! biz

    ReplyDelete