Jun 7, 2012

what I've been reading lately

 Last week I finished the Harry Potter series. I loved the books! I think so far these books have been my most favorite ones I've ever read. Every time I finished a book, Ivo and I watched the movie. The movies were done great but they still disappointed me because they missed a lot of important clues and details. We still have to watch the last one though. I can't wait to see it.

Last Thursday I picked the first book of Hunger Games trilogy. At first I didn't like it, it was hard to get into the book and I almost gave up on it.  But I decided to give it a chance and read a little bit more. Then after chapter four or so I was hooked and couldn't put it down. I had to return the book into library before I was able to finish it but luckily my colleague has it and borrowed it to me. I finished it today on the bus on my way home. I'm looking forward to get my hands on the second book.

What have you been reading lately?

8 comments:

  1. I read the hunger game books and really enjoyed the first one and the other two were good but not as good as the first one...I don't want to see the movie though...I just don't think they can do the books justice. I've never read the Harry Potter books but maybe I should. I just got done reading "The distant land of my father: A novel of Shanghai by Bo Caldwell. It was pretty good. I have a kindle and that was one I ordered for it. Not sure what I'm going to read next...I have a bunch to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the first book is always the best. I hope I will like the next two though.
      Movies can't be as good as books but I really loved all Lord of the rings movies, they are absolutely amazing!
      I have a book on hold in library, it's called The art of Fielding, I'm really curious about it because I read a lot of good reviews.

      Delete
  2. I have been reading The Invisible Man. I'm about 30% through the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember where i stopped in the HP series, somewhere between book 2 and 3... I always think i should restart reding them, but i don't feel like it anymore...
    I read the Hunger Games too after seeing the movie. So the first book was not a surprise (i think the movie was good), i loved the second book and had a hard time getting into the third, and was super glad i had finished it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read the second one, Alice! Although a few people already told me that the first one is the best.

      Delete
  4. The Harry Potter series are my all time favorite books. I really enjoyed The Hunger Games too (although the third book was just okay for me). I actually thought the movie was really well done. I read Art of Fielding a couple of months ago and really liked it. Are you on Goodreads? Such a great place to get recommendations from friends. Here is my book list there:

    http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/1000500-jennifer?format=html&shelf=read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on Goodreads, Jennifer, just haven't had time to update it too much. That's where I found a lot of great books to read. I peeked at yours few months ago and got the idea for Heaven is here and the Art of Fielding. Thank you :)
      I put all my read books into my "books I read" page on the blog to keep a track but I think I will add the goodreads bookshelf on the side of the blog as well.

      Delete